How are your feet? Right now!!! Look at them! Are they cracked and dried? Are they black with dirt? The best thing for your feet is a combination of several things. And it’s all wrapped up in one amazing, pleasurable act!
A foot soak will MAKE YOUR DAY! You will feel a bit more pampered! Your feet will thank you! And I’ll just bet that your Hubby will be pleased as well! Honestly it will KEEP YOUR MARRIAGE EXCITING!
Why a Foot Soak?
Living in dry, sunny Florida and wearing open-toed shoes quite a bit keeps my feet from staying soft and luscious. So out of necessity I began taking more care of my feet by soaking them which gave them the bath they deserved!
But it wasn’t until I viewed the time spent on a foot soak as relaxing, that it really began to be enjoyable! So now, I am able to let myself enjoy and relax while my feet are happy too!
Necessities for a Foot Soak!
1. Epson Salts – This does a number of things for your body. Look below for the benefits of it!
2. Bubble Bath – This will give your feet the extra soft feeling! Just a squirt of this goes a long way!
3. Plastic Tub – Nothing fancy is needed to give feet a soak, just a sturdy plastic tub that holds water. Of course, there are foot baths with jets and massaging elements if you prefer.
4. Pumice Stone – Use this to scrub off dead skin cells and smooth your foot. Don’t scrub too hard though! Nobody wants bloody feet!
5. Lotion – I use Bath & Body Works Cracked Heel Treatment Lotion and it works great! Regular strength lotion doesn’t cut it for me; I must have a specialized lotion for my feet to feel soft and luscious!
6. Comfy Socks – Why? After I “lotionize” and let my feet air dry for a few moments, I always, always, always, put socks on my feet to contain that lotion and let it “miserate” on my feet. I don’t want to undo everything I just did! It’s honestly amazing the difference you will feel wearing socks for 15 minutes after you lotion!
What to do First?
1.Pour 1 cup of Epsom salts and a squirt of bubble bath into your plastic tub and run hot water over it.
2. Soak your feet for at least 20 minutes. Any shorter and your feet aren’t going to get soft enough to scrub.
3. Use the pumice stone on your heels and rough on your foot while feet are still wet.
4. Apply lotion to entire foot and let air dry for a few moments.
5. Put on socks to keep feet soft and “lotioned.” Leave on at least 15 minutes.
Benefits of a Foot Soak?
1. To ease stress and relax the body.
Did you know that you can help FIGHT FATIGUE with a good foot soak?
When dissolved in warm water, Epsom salt is absorbed through the skin and replenishes the level of magnesium in the body. The magnesium helps to produce serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of calm and relaxation. Research shows that magnesium also increases energy and stamina by encouraging the production of ATP (adenosine triphosphate), the energy packets made in the cells. Experts believe that bathing with Epsom salt at least three times a week helps you to look better, feel better and gain more energy. Magnesium ions also relax and reduce irritability by lowering the effects of adrenaline. They lower blood pressure, create a relaxed feeling, improve sleep and concentration, and help muscles and nerves to function properly. –
2. Eliminates toxins from the body.
Your skin is a highly porous membrane and adding the right minerals to your bathwater triggers a process called reverse osmosis, which actually pulls salt out of your body, and harmful toxins along with it. For a detoxifying bath, at least once weekly add two cups of our Ultra Epsom Salt to the water in a bathtub and soak for 10 minutes.
3. Neutralizes foot odor.
Try soaking your aching, tired (and smelly) feet in a tub of water with half a cup of our Ultra Epsom Salt. Epsom salt softens skin and will even neutralize foot odor.
4. Keeps your feet healthy!
Enjoy your foot soak! Resources for this article: click here.
How often do you soak your feet?