Having a fruit smoothie is an easy way to get your dose of fruit intake into your body for the day. It’s also inexpensive and healthy! Of course there are complications in smoothie ingredients sometimes. Fruit can be expensive and you may not have the exact recipe ingredients. So a good solution that I’ve found to be helpful is using canned fruit. You can buy it ahead of time and store it for quite a while. It can be mixed with fresh fruit. And if you’re out of fruit juice needed to include in your smoothie, the juice from your canned fruit will suffice. My suggestion to making this smoothie as healthy as possible, is to use canned fruit with no sugar syrup added; use only canned fruit that states 100% fruit juice.
- 1 orange
- 1/2 of an apple
- 1/2 a can of pineapple chunks or crushed pineapple
1. Peel and cut up the orange into small chunks and dump into your blender.
2. Peel and cut up half of the apple into small chunks and dump into your blender.
3. Open a can of pineapple chunks and dump half into your blender.
4. Blend all of your ingredients together! Because of the viscosity of the oranges and pineapples, I suggest that you set your blender to puree to get the smoothie as smooth as possible.
5. Cool in your refrigerator and enjoy! It will make two small servings of about 8 ounces.
I thought it was very tasty! There was no need for sugar because of the natural sugars in the orange and pineapple therefore it was incredibly healthy! It had quite a bit of pulp so next time I might add more fruit juice. Overall it was excellent!