Since Hubby and I are trying to eat organically and provide healthier meals for our family, we’ve tried to stay away from boxed meals. Hamburger Helper and Velveeta Skillets can be quite tasty! But they’re so unhealthy for you!
So after trying a few “hamburger helper” copycat recipes, I’ve found one that’s pretty tasty! And it’s the easiest recipe I’ve tried!
I was thumbing through a Taste of Home recipe book for crock-pot meals and this recipe was in it! I actually found several other recipes I thought I would try!
What I loved about this recipe is that there’s not a bunch of extra preparation work. Besides cooking the ground beef, you just throw everything else in! And it even cooks the pasta! I’ve got lots of crockpot recipes in which I must cook pasta or rice separately. This recipe just makes it simple!
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. ground beef (cooked)
- 2 cups small pasta (uncooked)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. salt & pepper
- Cook ground beef.
- Combine all ingredients well and pour into 3-5 quart crockpot. (I used a 5 quart)
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. (If using a smaller crockpot, you may want to cook it a bit longer)
- NOTES: The recipe I used said to cook in a 3 quart crockpot and cook for 6 hours on low.
Want more crock-pot meals? Try our favorites!