This crock pot enchiladas recipe is super easy recipe to compile and leave until it’s finished cooking! I often use this for Sunday afternoon lunch. I put it on before I leave for church in the morning and when I come home, it’s all ready for me! It’s tasty, especially with the cumin spicing! And it’s easy to eat instead of assembling tacos! Again, this is another favorite in the family!
Crock Pot Enchiladas
- 1 lb. ground beef/turkey
- 1 cup onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 ts salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 6 corn tortillas – size depends upon the crock pot size)
1. In skillet cook beef, onion, and green pepper until beef is browned and vegetables are tender; drain.
2. Add the next 6 ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Combine cheeses.
4. In crock pot layer about 3/4 cup beef mixture, one tortilla and 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers.
5. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours.
6. Garnish with salsa and sour cream.
*You can double this recipe if you need and your crock pot will accommodate it!*