Most of the recipes I choose to make are easy to assemble and take little time. Although I love to cook, I just don’t have the time to be in the kitchen all day. Here is another recipe you can cook a bit and leave to cook by itself for hours. It’s cheesy, creamy and so good! You can make it as bland as you like for those picky eaters or as flavorful as you like for the rest of you! I think you’ll enjoy this!
- 2 chicken breasts, frozen
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic gloves
- 1 can cream of chicken soup or my Homemade Cream of…Soup
- 10 oz. broccoli florets, thawed
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- hot, cooked pasta or rice
1. In crock pot pour oil along the bottom and put frozen, uncooked chicken for 3 hours on low to cook.
*I usually cut the chicken up into chunks or bite-size pieces because it cooks more thoroughly and is easier to eat that way.*
2. After about 2 hours or so, prepare the sauce and broccoli by cooking onions in a skillet until golden. Add cream of chicken soup, cream cheese, garlic cloves and stir until creamy
3. Fold in thawed broccoli and cook for a few minutes.
4. Transfer creamy sauce and broccoli to the crock pot. Your chicken should be cooked all the way through now. Mix together well.
5. Cook for another hour on low stirring occasionally to make sure the sauce doesn’t burn.
6. You can serve over pasta or rice.
*you can double this recipe if your crock pot allows.*
*I added a cajun seasoning to the chicken while cooking in the crock pot. Any seasoning that you like will work with this as the sauce is rather basic and will compliment most any seasoning.